Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs
Cook Time: 4 hours|
Servings: 24 meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- ¼ cup onion (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cans (24 ounce) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- basil for serving (optional)
- parmesan cheese for serving (optional)
- Add the beef, pork, onion, garlic, parsley, breadcrumbs, eggs and cheese to a large bowl. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix with your hands until combined.
- Form into 1 or 2 inch meatballs (should be able to make 24)
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Broil meatballs on high until browned on each side (approximately 4-5 minutes on each side)
- Add meatballs to your slow cooker.
- Top with crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaves, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with basil or parmesan (optional).