Fudgy Coffee Brownies
Preparation Time: 1 hour|
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) unsalted butter
- 5 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons ground coffee
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped in small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9" x 13" pan.
- Melt butter and chocolate with coffee in a saucepan over low heat. Whisk until smooth. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whisk in sugar and vanilla, and the eggs one at a time until smooth.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture. Fold in chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake, 25-30 minutes. A toothpick inserted should come out clean.